StatCom, a division of Jackson Health Care Solutions, makes "patient flow logistics and tracking software". You can learn more about the company here.
Jim describes StatCom's solution as "an innovative enterprise health care IT solution which coordinates patients and resources from admission through discharge, including bed management, environmental services, transportation, patient LOS management, OR patient flow, ED patient flow, and discharge coordination. It informs physicians, staff, and family as to the location and status of the patient throughout the care progression. It provides real-time tools to effectively manage that flow within and between departments."
You can also read about Jim's background here. That's where you'll see that his previous gig was as CTO of my company; while I was certainly sad to see him go, I'm very excited for him and the solutions he's building at StatCom. If you're up for a challenge, you'd like to work with someone who is scary-smart, and you're a fan of Atlanta, let me know and I'll make an introduction for you.
UPDATE - Here is the job description (thanks Jim):
The Product Manager will be responsible for the Company’s enterprise-wide, Patient Flow and Logistics product throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, helping to define the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Help define the product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products
- Be an expert with respect to the Hospital environment as it relates to HIS
- Contribute to the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Perform product demos to customers and partners
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Brief and train the sales force
Required experience and knowledge:
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a Product Manager
- Demonstrated success defining and launching software products in Healthcare
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 40% of the time