Sunday, January 27, 2008

paul and storm: if james taylor were on fire

Somebody, please, won’t you
Get me a fire extinguisher
And put me out?

I can’t stand the heat
Though I’ve seen fire and rain
I can do with a little less fire

You can enjoy a lovely recording of this song on the Paul and Storm website along with these other ditties:

If Bob Dylan Were Hiding at the Bottom of a Well
If James Taylor Were on Fire at the Bottom of a Well
If Leon Redbone Suffered a Major Head Injury
If Aaron Neville Were Waiting for a Parking Spot at the Mall, But Someone Else Snagged It
If They Might Be Giants Were the Ice Cream Man

(PS, this song will stick in your head until you pry it out with a shrimp deveiner)

(PPS, I mean that with all respect. And I hope the Paul and Storm folks won't be terribly upset at my throwing them some link love, or revealing their lyrics, or song titles. . . they really are quite good. Go there now.)

No comments: