In the grand tradition of "if it ain't broke, bang it harder", I therefore return to the scene of the crime with the following - The Huffington Post has latched on to multiple Mike Huckabee stories like a terrier to a shaky-legged hobo. Most notably, they've brought the tragic Drumond story to national attention, which if true, will kill his candidacy the same way stories of Mayor Guiliani's taxpayer-sponsored love taxi have killed his (or so it seems in advance of big-state primaries in February).
Consider these headlines:
- Huckabee: Gay Marriage Would End Civilization
- Former Aide Contradicts Huckabee Defense Of Rapist's Release
- Huckabee: God Responsible For My Rise In Polls
- Documents Expose Huckabee's Role In Serial Rapist's Release
- Of Hucksters, Hooligans and Huckabee
- Mike Huckabee's Wife Can Handle A Grenade Launcher
(I'm a big fan of that last one - that's one quality in a first lady that I've always admired.)
It's a little curious that the Huffington Post didn't publish its Drumond story until a day after this headline: Huckabee Pulls Within 3 Of Rudy Giuliani. And the day after it dropped that bombshell, it reported: Huckabee Now GOP Frontrunner, Giuliani Falling Fast.
It's also a little curious that the Huffington Post has created a convenient Huckabee Watch post that summarizes all of the lurid "news" coming out on the candidate.
It makes you wonder who else is jumping on the bandwagon. Like, say, CNN: