Saturday, April 15, 2006

sameness: google calendar

Why do I get the feeling I've seen this before?

Because I use Outlook everyday at work. Because I have a Filofax Personal datebook. Because I've used 30 boxes. Because my real estate agent sends me a calendar each year.

With all respect to Google Earth, I'd like to see the world-class collection of smart programmers who've congregated at Google spend their time doing something original. The world doesn't need a better calendar. It needs a better [blank]. Instead of making a better calendar, do [blank]. I almost don't care what [blank] is - just that I don't already have ten different ways of doing [blank] equally well.

I expect more from leaders than to see them follow over and over again. There is nothing novel about a better mousetrap. Make a better mouse.

No comments: