Monday, May 19, 2008

about: folding cartons and sharing

I've been asking around to learn more about packaging design, specifically the creation of folding cartons for my ack/nak/art project.

I've encountered people who are unwilling (or unable) to share any insights with me.

Which leads me to wonder. . . why?

Do you have a policy of not sharing sources or your infinite wisdom with strangers?

Or do you point beginners in the right direction and let them find their way from there?

If you know anything about this field, let me know.

In the meantime, I'll post what I discover. Because I believe in pointing beginners in the right direction.

FWIW - The link above is to Pro Carton Nordica, which offers not only the excellent primer I reference, but a variety of templates and a comprehensive glossary.

No comments: