Monday, March 09, 2009

invitation: evaluate kindling with me UPDATED

I received a very nice email from an ack/nak reader last Friday:

I wanted to write because we've been following a number of sites related to product management here at Arc90 and I've enjoyed reading your thoughts on ack/nak along the way. Arc90 is a consulting and product firm based in New York City and we recently released our first product, an idea management web application called Kindling.

Since you often write about all things product-oriented, I wonder if you'd be interested in reviewing Kindling. We could set you up with a free account for 30 days so that you could take a look and give us your feedback.

We also recently started a blog that speaks to our experience with launching Kindling as a product called The Kindling Blog; it serves as a place where we link to and discuss thoughts on innovation. We're always looking for new topics for the blog, so feel free to drop me a line if you hear of anything particularly relevant.

Let me know if you'd like to guest post or review Kindling and I'll get things up and rolling.

How could I resist? So I didn't.

This morning the folks at Kindling set up my account, and now. . . we get to test it together.

"Why are you roping us into this mess? We've got enough to do."

Kindling is an "idea management application". It's not something you can test without help. Let me explain.

For product managers, market sensing is one of those things we know we have to do often and well, but it's often hard to operationalize.

Kindling offers the product manager a platform for soliciting and capturing feedback on just about any topic. If you can imagine it and express it in words, you can let Kindling manage the process of accepting, tracking and reporting feedback to whatever "it" is.

"OK, I'm sold. How do I get involved?"

UPDATE: It's too late.  The trial period for my Kindling evaluation has expired, and I'm collecting the feedback.  Thanks to all of you who participated! 

No comments: