Saturday, September 22, 2007

cigar: tatuaje havana iv angeles

Beautiful Saturdays in autumn cry out for lighting things on fire. And what better to burn than a lovely cigar, wot wot?

Exactly.

My local Binny's has a terrific walk-in humidor staffed by an equally terrific guy who really knows his cigars. He tells me what's new, what's good, what's selling well and what to avoid.

Today's discovery was Tatuaje Cigars. I picked up one of these:


This little corona just feels well-made, with a triple-cap that you don't usually see on non-Cuban cigars. It certainly smells great, a dark, leathery scent that bodes well for an evening smoke after dinner.

I'll update you later on what it's like. I paid less than $5 for it, which is about right for me for a "special" cigar. Like wine, I don't splurge, which is probably another way of saying "I don't know what good really is". As a rule I try not to blindly associate price with quality.

We'll see. Enjoy your Saturday. And if you're an occasional cigar smoker, let me know what you like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not an occasional cigar smoker :) But here you go - if you can get some Cubans, I'd go for Partagas D No. 4 or (less expensive) Coronas Senior. Otherwise, have a look at the Arturo Fuentes :) Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

I've always loved Montecristo # 4's, but I really enjoy Oliva Master Blend 3's (7x50 Churchill).

Now, I've never tried a God of Fire, but I hear they are quite amazing.

The odd time, I'll also enjoy a Romeo y Julieta Churchill.